The Better Care Victoria (BCV) Innovation Fund (the Fund) is a key platform for supporting sector-led innovation and improvement projects in the Victorian health sector.
Established in 2016, the Fund calls for applications annually, and has delivered three rounds of innovation projects, with a total of 37 projects funded to date. For information on projects previously supported by the Fund, visit the Project listings page.
The Fund is not about receiving funding support alone. In addition to project funding, project teams will also receive:
- a dedicated coach and contact within Safer Care Victoria
- opportunity to gain new knowledge and share learnings through a tailored capability building program to support successful project delivery
- access to tools, templates and guidance materials
- collaboration and partnership support
- connections to others who have done similar work, throughout the project lifecycle and beyond.
Beyond the funding lifecycle, BCV provides follow-up support and the potential to invest in scaling successful projects to share learnings and embed change across the system. Two projects have been funded for scaling to date, Choosing Wisely Scaling Collaboration and 'Think sepsis. Act fast.' Scaling Collaboration, with further scaling projects planned for 2018-19.
The 2019-20 BCV Innovation Fund
The focus for the 2019-20 BCV Innovation Fund has shifted to align with broader priority areas of Safer Care Victoria and the Department of Health and Human Services. A change in the application process is the introduction of challenges and focus areas for applicants to respond to. More information on the 2019-20 round can be found in the application information for the 2019-20 BCV Innovation Fund page.